Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love pretty much all natural fibers. I don't mind synthetic blends, but i prefer them to be soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Haha. A drawer. I have fabric to make myself a needle case or two, but do I do it?? Nooooooooo.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Only since November, But I'm adventurous enough to be an intermediate knitter. Lace and Fair Isle are my only uncharted territory.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Clean or spicy smells. I'm not much for the fancy schmancy flowery stuff.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes. Any thing chocolate. I'd eat chocolate covered cyanide without thinking twice.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew, mostly costumes. Halloween and Renn Faire type stuff. I just got a wheel and I've been spinning up a storm on it. I love my wheel. is it legal to marry a spinning wheel???

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most everything. Lately I've been listening to Dave Matthews, Imogen Heap and FrouFrou, Modest Mouse, but I really do like Everything. I especially like swing and big band music. Glenn Miller rocks my socks.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? What is there about color to dislike? I love pretty much all colors. I prefer vibrant colors though. Pastels are pretty, but I don't use them too much.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have 2 rotten children and a rotten husband. I also have 2 rotten dogs and one rotten cat. Will trade any or all for yarn. :)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? No. Sadly. I do wear fingerless gloves though!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Lately I've been on a sock kick. My favorite project to knit though, was a anthropologie capelet for myself. I love little coverup type sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now? Tragically hideous socks for a friends mother. Honestly, why don't people ask me to knit pretty things?

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes. Very much, yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circs and DPN's. I have bamboo and some birch. I love addi's but only have one set so far.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a yarn winder. No swift yet. Eventually I'll talk the rotten hubby into making me one. Hopefully before the children put us in a nursing home.

17. How did you learn to knit? Got laid up on a couch for 3 months after surgery. Bought a copy of Stitch N Bitch and some needles and went to it.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 6 months. I haven't been knitting for long. It's a wrap sweater that I started in Lion Brand homespun before I realized how evil Homespun is.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween.

20. Is there anything that you collect? 40's 50's and 60's barware and kitsch. I was born a few decades too late.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'm dying for some of the pretty yarns I keep seeing. Lorna's Laces in the Irving Park colorway. Mmm I love that. I'd love dome of that crazy handspun I've been seeing everywhere too. I'm trying to expand my collection of addi's, and I'm looking for a good cropped 3/4 sleeve cardi pattern in worsted weight that is pretty but simple. I don't have any magazine subscriptions, I usually just buy them as the come out, but I'm considering an IK sub.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Lace. I love lace, but I get confused. And lace-weight yarn strikes the fear of God into my heart.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes! and I wear a womens 9.5

24. When is your birthday? 06/01

No comments: