Thursday, February 09, 2006

Slackerville!

Time to update this thing! I've been back to work for almost a month now. Things are starting to come together financially. Since we had a bit extra this payday I went and got myself some presents.

First was some Regia sock yarn. I've made baby socks with worsted weight, but I wanted people size socks. I started the first one with a pattern I found on the net that was none too clear. Also I only had 4 dpns in the right size, I really need 4. Personally I think the sock is a mess at the moment. I'm going to go out and get a set of 5 dpns and rip back to before I turned the heel.








Next was some Moda Dea Ticker Tape. I love this colorway, it reminds me of southern Utah just before sunset. It's going to be for the yarn over steek vest from Loop D Loop, and at 2.69 a ball, I just couldn't pass it up. I love sales!
















And finally, I had to buy a ball of Moda Dea Wild. There was only one ball there, for which I am very sad. I may have to try a few other Michaels and see if the still have it on sale. This particular colorway looks and feels like it was spun from shorn Muppets. i simply MUST have something knitted in muppet fur.










I've currently got a few items in progress, one of them being the aforementioned sock. The other being a Feather and Fan comfort shawl for my mother. I hate that shawl. I put it up the other day after realizing that i completely screwed up about 6 rows back and now have to rip them out. On top of it my mother picked an acrylic yarn whose plies like to split like a cheerleader at homecoming. RAAAR!

I've finished my anthropologie capelet, but I've been terribly lazy about blocking it. I made it a bit larger than the original and I added some rows to the body and the sleeves. I went for double stranded Patons Classic Merino in Chestnut. Bulky brown yarn is damn near impossible to find in my local stores.










I also finished a bag for a swap and placed an order for my first yummys from Handpaintedyarn.com. Sadly it won't be shipped until the 14th. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Now to figure out what to do with a couple thousand yards of laceweight yarn. I'm thinking of being boring and going for Clapotis. Funny it seems like I've done alot more than that lately, but that's all I can think of. Oh well, time for coffee and to give hubby a boot to the head to get him out of bed.

No comments: