Saturday, February 11, 2006

SNOW!!!!!

YAY! It is snowing and soooooo pretty. of course this also means that the entire population of Virginia and Maryland has decided to get in their cars and drive into ditches. It's a little known law in both states that as soon as you see a single snowflake, you must immediately begin driving 10-15 miles ABOVE the speed limit and steer for the nearest immobile, solid object. Typically this occurs after the driver of said vehicle runs to their nearest grocery store to stock up on bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper. This makes absolute perfect sense since naturally the person doesn't want to run out of the staples after the blizzard conditions that "occasional flurries" might cause.

Or maybe I'm just jaded.

Anyways, knitting update:

Due to technical difficulties, I ditched Sonnet at the last minute and cast on for Very Tall from Knitty. Cheap Yarn, awesome socks, relatively doable guage. I must truly be insane. I've wanted these since I first laid eyes on them. I have the perfect skirt to wear them with. I don't think I could possibly finish them in 16 days, but dammit, I'll try. Hopefully work will be quiet tomorrow. All the people will be scared to come out of their houses and into the snow and I can sit quietly at my cube and knit my socks. I manage to knit almost all of the regia sock in my previous post in one sunday shift, so here's to hoping that this sunday works out well too.

No comments: