Sunday, April 02, 2006

Alrighty kids

Here is a LOOOOOOONG overdue update to the bloggy thingy. Things have been insane around here and blogging has unfortunately been the last thing on my mind. My favorite uncle came up to see us, I haven't seen him since I was my daughters age. We spent a wonderful week together catching up, and he left his dog for me to take care of for a month or so until he gets resettled in his new house. Doofus Rufus is an Amreican bull mix and so loveable. He is a big-time cuddle dog and will sit in any lap available if given an opportunity. He also brought an unexpected treasure to me. He brought a sweater the my grandmother had knitted him when he was in high school. It's not in the best shape, or the manliest color. (teal green mohair? I think granny was a bit tipsy when she chose the yarn) it is, however, an example of grandmas excellent cable work. It's also simple enough a pattern that I intend to remake a MUCH manlier version for my uncle for xmas.
















I'm about two thirds done with the hubby's aran, but I started to get bored with it and refuse to look at it until I complete another small project. I'd originally chosed the Yarn over steek vest from loop-d-loop by Teva Durham but it same out badly. Well, I don't know if it was the shirt, or just me being insanely fat from hormone replacement. Instead, I started on socks (feet don't get fat!). I already frogged the Regia socks due to an incredibly bad pattern, so I started over with a pair made from Opal Rainforest in Chameleon to match my blue and lime green chucks.


One down, one to go. I am in LOVE with handknit socks. I put this on my foot last night and never found anything comfier in my life. I can't wait to get the next one done.












Also, Hubby and I decided to sitch our bedroom and the craft room. The craft room had gotten so crowded and junky that it was unuseable. The room that it was in is the smallest bedroom in the house. I was worried about making it our bedroom, but it is excellent as a bedroom. Quieter since it is further from the street, cozier, and better light during the day. It has more restful energy too. Maybe that's why I almost fell asleep at the sewing machine one day. The new craft room is ginormous. I've almost got everything organized and put away, and it looks like I'll even have room for an easychair for knitting. I'm so excited! My sewing machine thinks I've abandoned it, and I'm sure that the serger has long since plotted to break needles and snap thread in retaliation for my long absence. I'll post pics when it's completed.

No comments: