Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yarn pr0n Friday The Fourth


And a deep apology for the quality of the pics. I did my best with the light I had.



This is the LL shepherd sock in Bittersweet that I picked up at the Fiber Fest. Yes, the colors are off, but again. I ran out of light. I spent my evening at the hospital instead of snapping pics of yarn. I blame it all on Diet Coke, and it's rather embarrassing, so try not to laugh too hard.

I got up this morning and groggily opened up my Diet Coke and took a big ol' swig. Then I choked. Right at the top of the stairs. I'm guessing I choked on it enough to lose consciousness because I woke up face down in the landing (we live in a split level). My first thought upon coming to was that I had fallen back asleep after I hit the snooze, the I though, "But this hurts, and sleeping usually doesn't hurt like this." Very disorienting. Hubby got home, checked me over for a concussion and any obvious breaks or emergency type injuries, then proceeded to laugh. Then all my coworkers laughed, and my parents, the kids, the doctor, nurses and radiologists. Sigh. I managed to bang up my face (nose especially, I has some good rug burn on it) and my back really well. Went to get x-rays tonight to get checked out. I seem to be OK, just sore. But I have good drugs.

I'm gonna go take some and pass out. And I'll avoid Diet Coke near stairs in the future.

5 comments:

chipper said...

well, this is why I drink Pepsi and inly on the first floor ;)

Hope you're feeling better!!!

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow. I had no idea Diet Coke could be so dangerous! Glad I stick with the caffeine free variety. Heh. The LL is lovely.

Zonda said...

Yikes you!! Becareful!! Still lovely yarn though! :)

cpurl17 said...

Omgosh! I'm so glad it wasn't worse!

I'll never look at my Diet Coke the same...

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Daaaaang, dude!