Monday, January 16, 2006

Holy slackerness, Batman!

I haven't been on here for a while, clearly showing my blogging dedication.



It's been crazy around here lately. I finally went back to work, albeit part-time for now. We've totally spring cleaned the house (With the exception of our bedroom and the sewing room). John's been working insane hours. My daughters best friend is moving to California, so there have been lots of get-togethers, and frankly, I'm exhausted. And broke.

Very Broke.

Did I mention that I'm broke?

Being out of work for 2 months has killed us financially. I know It will get better, but when you are at the bottom, it's hard seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My dear friend Beth took me out to lunch last week and as a late Christmas gift bought me 2 lovely pairs of very retro pumps. I felt absolutely terrible about it. I hate being poor. I felt so bad coming home with new shoes when I know that the rest of the fam needs them more, but i don't have the money for them.

Granted, it's a temporary setback. It's not like we're starving. it's just that I'm poor like I was many years ago. struggling single mom on her own, with a VERY modest income. it's become a case in the last 2 months of paying a bill or buying groceries. I hate that feeling.

Now that I've whined, I'm going to stfu and go do something productive. I'm going to clean and cook. Maybe I can't pay the bills right now, but I don't have to live in a hovel.

No comments: