Friday, March 30, 2007

Retirement.

******YPF WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL SUNDAY FOR THE ANNUAL FLASH YOUR STASH EVENT!!******








In other news. My father retired yesterday after 33 years of slogging away on work for the federal government. He was given a huge retirement lunch at Legal Seafoods in Crystal City (Holy freaking yum. And I hate Seafood). My mother and I went with him. I got to visit with my fathers buddy Mike of whom I am very fond.






Dad was given a STACK of awards. Seriously, it took my parents, Mike and I to carry of the awards to the car. My mom was presented with a bouquet of the most gorgeous jungle roses. Dad seemed so overwhelmed the whole time. Retirement is such a huge thing. Just think about it, never working again. Dad summed it up simply.





"I fooled them long enough that they will now continue to pay me for the rest of my life."





Congratulations Dad. I love you!





Yes my knitterly friends, that is the (barely finished in time) Wool Peddler shawl wrapped around me. And yes, that is my Mother's Kiri shawl.

1 comment:

Zonda said...

Congratulations to your Dad! Both shawls are beautiful! Will be back on Sunday! :)